Child Advocates seeks an energetic, creative college student for a non-paid internship. Work for a premier child advocacy program. Experience multidisciplinary practice of lawyers and social workers and nonprofit managers, outstanding staff collegiality, and commitment to quality service.
Time Commitment: Flexible, 2-5 days a week as schedule permits
Agency: Child Advocates is Philadelphia’s volunteer lawyer program for abused and neglected children, providing legal and social service advocacy, through the service of volunteer attorneys, paralegal and legal assistants, working in conjunction with staff social workers, attorneys and other staff. Child Advocates seeks to protect children by securing social services, finding alternative homes and helping them testify in court. For all of the children committed to our care, we work to ensure safety, health, education, family permanency and access to justice.
Intern’s duties would include:
- Create content for monthly newsletters, social media and website content entry
- Assist with social media postings and analytics
- Draft press releases for major media outlets
- Correspond with press, potential donors and others to raise awareness of organization
- Create information packets for various audiences – press kits, donor materials, etc.
- Research new press/media contacts based on subject matter (eg. Child welfare publications, Philadelphia publications, philanthropic publications)
- Record and archive press materials
- Assist with prospect research for donor outreach
- Assist with fundraising events (Autumn Golf Classic, Winter Toy Drive, Spring Annual Benefit Reception and Auction, Spring Bar Run)
- Draft and assist with fundraising direct mail campaigns
Additional duties MAY include:
- Working closely with Executive Director on subject-specific research, proposals, etc.
- Assisting with Front Desk duties, to include:
- Fielding questions from walk-ins
- Corresponding with volunteer attorneys and donors arriving for meetings
- Sorting daily mail and court correspondence
- Other duties as assigned
*Experience in Microsoft Office required; Creative Suite, iMovie and HootSuite experience preferred.
Please send your resume to Communications Associate Tracy Buchholz at tbuchholz@SCCALaw.org
or call 267-546-9224 for more details.