This year, the Support Center for Child Advocates (Child Advocates) celebrates its 40th anniversary as an established non-profit and nationwide leader in child advocacy for victims of child abuse and neglect. As we reflect on our history, we remember our founders and recognize the need for ongoing cultivation of leadership and philanthropists, a renewed passion for our cause, and new ways to engage the broader community in and around the city.
The work of Child Advocates expands every year. We run direct service programs such as the Project for Medically Needy Children, the LGBTQ Project, and Project PROTECT (Philadelphia Response and Outreach to End Child Trafficking), among others. In the past year alone, we’ve served more than 1,000 children and teens, and that number continues to rise. With each new client comes greater need for extended resources and funds.
By forming the Young Friends of Child Advocates, we believe we will be better poised to reach new generations and audiences who are connected to our mission and find new ways to meet the ever-growing needs of the agency.
Inaugural Meeting of Young Friends of Child Advocates
Wed, July 12 at 5:30 – 6:30pm
Contact Allison Goetz if interested in attending.
This meeting is for anyone, 21-40 years old, interested in becoming more involved with our mission. Not sure if you’re ready to become a member yet? That’s okay – Come to the meeting to learn more about who we are and what we hope to accomplish in the year ahead!
You don’t need to have a professional background in legal or social services. All that is needed is a willingness and commitment to supporting and growing with us. Bring your energy and creativity and help us in any of the following ways:
- Serve as ambassadors for Child Advocates’ mission
- Help us connect with new resources and communities
- Volunteer at Child Advocates special events
- Bring new ideas for philanthropy and volunteerism
- Give back to the community and make a difference in the lives of children and youth who have been deeply affected by child abuse and neglect
- Have fun meeting like-minded people at social gatherings such as happy hours and special events
- Network with industry professionals and engage in meaningful conversations with people who have a similar passion and motivation to make a difference in the world around you
- Gain access to professional resources through Child Advocates’ Center for Excellence in Advocacy as well as training opportunities for CLE and CEU credits
- Receive discount admission to select Child Advocates fundraising events
- Membership Fee: $100 per 1-year membership (inquire about a payment plan options)
Check back for other Young Friends events – Members can look forward to networking events, professional development, and discussion series, client care kit assembly nights, and more opportunities to cultivate meaningful relationships and explore new perspectives!
Contact Allison Goetz (267-940-1606 or email@example.com). We’ll be happy to share more details about becoming a founding member and invite you to our next occasion.