This year, the Support Center for Child Advocates (Child Advocates) celebrates its 40th anniversary as an established non-profit and nationwide leader in child advocacy for victims of child abuse and neglect. As we reflect on our history, we remember our founders and recognize the need for ongoing cultivation of leadership and philanthropists, a renewed passion for our cause, and new ways to engage the broader community in and around the city.
The work of Child Advocates expands every year. We run direct service programs such as the Project for Medically Needy Children, the LGBTQ Project, and Project PROTECT (Philadelphia Response and Outreach to End Child Trafficking), among others. In the past year alone, we’ve served more than 1,000 children and teens, and that number continues to rise. With each new client comes greater need for extended resources and funds.
By forming the Young Friends of Child Advocates, we believe we will be better poised to reach new generations and audiences who are connected to our mission and find new ways to meet the ever-growing needs of the agency.
Young Friends of Child Advocates is for anyone, 21-40 years old, interested in becoming more involved with our mission. Not sure if you’re ready to become a member yet? That’s okay – Come to the meeting to learn more about who we are and what we hope to accomplish in the year ahead!
Help Us Collect Client Care Items!
Young Friends of Child Advocates is collecting personal hygiene items and school supplies for Child Advocates teen client base. Moving frequently through foster homes and other care facilities means that basic personal hygiene items can easily become overlooked or lost amongst so much movement and change in our young clients’ lives.
By providing a simple gift of a personal hygiene item or school supply, you can make all the difference in the world for the health and well-being of our teens and young adult clients! Please click HERE for a list of items we are collecting.
To arrange a delivery or pick-up, please contact Allison Goetz (firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-940-1606).
November 1st (5:30-7:00p)
Support Center for Child Advocates
1617 JFK Boulevard, Suite 1200
Philadelphia, PA 19103
*You must have ID to enter the building
Refreshments and snacks to be provided
You don’t need to have a professional background in legal or social services. All that is needed is a willingness and commitment to supporting and growing with us. Bring your energy and creativity and help us in any of the following ways:
- Serve as ambassadors for Child Advocates’ mission
- Help us connect with new resources and communities
- Volunteer at Child Advocates special events
- Bring new ideas for philanthropy and volunteerism
- Give back to the community and make a difference in the lives of children and youth who have been deeply affected by child abuse and neglect
- Engage with members at happy hours and special events
- Network with industry professionals and engage with peers who have a similar passion and motivation
- Gain access to professional resources through Child Advocates’ Center for Excellence in Advocacy including CLE and CEU credit opportunities
- Receive discount admission to select Child Advocates events
- Annual Membership Fee: $100 (you may inquire about a payment plan options)
Contact Allison Goetz (267-940-1606 or email@example.com). We’ll be happy to share more details about becoming a founding member and invite you to our next occasion.